React Native and Flutter - which one is better?
Flutter and React Native are two proven frameworks that are shaping the future of cross-platform mobile apps. Moreover, these two are the most commonly used platforms in recent years. So what is the difference between Flutter and React Native? Let’s dig deeper with Hachinet.
1. What is Flutter?
Flutter is known as a multi-platform mobile app for Android and iOS powered by Google. This platform uses DART language to create Native Apps for Google.
- Capable of direct communication almost like the system.
- Static language and modern syntax with compiler when using AoT with JiT.
- Can run mobile emulators on the web to support development.
- The Performance Metric Kit helps developers to control application performance well.
- Used to build platforms that stick to Native for increased performance.
- With the UI renderer, it is rewritten and completely unrelated to the UI available in the Native Framework, leading to a lot of memory usage nowadays.
- The UI will not be included with the OS but it is developed separately, which means it's the same version of Flutter, but when it comes to iOS app creation, it's all the same.
- Takes a long time to learn more data models included in Flutter.
2. What is React Native?
- Reusable code: Being able to reuse up to 80-90% of the code instead of writing and creating a number of separate applications for different platforms.
- A large user community: Here you can get a lot of support if you encounter bugs.
- Stable and optimized due to being developed by Facebook.
- React Native code is capable of handling data.
- Bring a much better user experience.
- Need Native codes.
- Performance is lower than Native App.
- Lax security.
- Not suitable for apps that need a lot of calculation.
3. Flutter and React Native - which one is better?
3.1. The similarities between React Native and Flutter
3.1.1. Both are designed to develop a cross-platform app
Attention: Flutter supports iOS and Android platforms.
3.1.2. Both are supported by a huge communication
3.1.3. Free, speedy, and open-source
3.1.4. Frequently updated and detailed documentation
Both of their communications are always supported to update documentation and other API references and comprehensive resources.
3.1.5. Support UI and Native Experience
3.1.6. Hot reloading and quick modification
React Native has support for Hot reloading and allows running new codes while keeping the app state, instead of having to recompile. This feature will promote fast development, bring higher efficiency.
Flutter supports Stateful Hot Reloading, which reflects and changes immediately without having to restart, especially in the case of application state loss.
3.2. The difference between Flutter and React Native
3.2.1. Programming language
- Flutter uses Dart.
3.2.2. Stability and flexibility
Both platforms are managed by strong developer communities, so there is no such thing as stability. However, in terms of flexibility and customization, Flutter will be provided with a custom widget to provide engaging experiences. In addition, the React Native platform provides user experiences through direct communication with the Native Platform.
Flutter, on the other hand, is trying to get a foothold in the market, partly due to its recent stable release. Meanwhile, the React Native platform is enjoying a full spot in the list of Cross-Platform application development tools.
3.2.3. Development time of an app
Most companies take advantage of cross-platform to save time coding apps in different languages. Furthermore, both platforms are committed to providing time-to-market for apps.
In addition, you can also use third-party libraries with components to build the app. There are also custom, high-quality Widgets that help build an app in a shorter amount of time compared to Native App development.
3.2.4. IDE and easy to code
Flutter is supported by Visual Studio Code and Android Studio/IntelliJ but requires you to learn Dart. As for React Native, which is supported by IDE, this platform is capable of providing curves so it is easy to learn.
We have introduced to you two platforms that are Flutter vs React Native. Although it is impossible to determine which is better, the Flutter platform is still relatively new, so it will take a long time to stabilize, so the React Native platform is the smart choice for you.
We, "Hachinet Software", are Vietnam-based software services with dedicated, dynamic, enthusiastic teams who always have made efforts to please customers' and partners' satisfaction. We specialize in the followings:
- Web application (.NET, JAVA, PHP, etc.)
- Framework (ASP, MVC, AngularJS, Angular6, Node JS, Vue JS)
- Mobile application: IOS (Swift, Object C), Android (Kotlin, Android)
- System applications (Cobol, ERP, etc.),
- New Technology (Blockchain, etc.).
If you are considering offshore development, please feel free to contact us.
※Here is our contact information.
Account Manager: Quan (Japanese/English available)
Phone number: (+84) 2462 900 388
Please feel free to contact us for consultation/application by phone.