What is Java? Why choose Java?
Java is a high-level programming language, developed by Sun Microsystems, released by James Gosling in 1995 as a core component of Sun Microsystems' Java platform (Java 1.0 [J2SE]). Java runs on a variety of platforms, such as Windows, Mac, and different versions of UNIX.
The latest version of Java Standard Edition is Java SE 8. With the advancement of Java and its widespread popularity, many configurations have been built to suit different types of platforms. For example, J2EE for enterprise applications, J2ME for mobile applications.
The new J2 versions are renamed to Java SE, Java EE and Java ME. Java is guaranteed to be able to Write Once, Run Anywhere (write once, run everywhere).
Characteristics of Java
- Object-oriented: In Java, everything is an Object. Java is extensible because it is based on the Object model.
- Standalone platform: Unlike many other programming languages (C, C ++), when Java is compiled, it does not compile to a specific computer on any platform, instead is independent bytecode with communication. This Bytecode is distributed on the web and is interpreted by Virtual Machine (JVM) on whatever platform it is running.
- Simple: Java is designed to be easy to learn. If you have a basic understanding of Java object-oriented programming concept, you can grasp this language very quickly.
- Security: With the security features of Java, it allows the development of virus-free, fake systems. The authentication techniques are based on public encryption.
- Neutral architecture: The Java compiler creates a file architecture format that is neutral, making code after compilation can run on multiple processors, in the presence of the Java runtime system.
- Portable: A neutral architecture and independent of implementation are the main features when it comes to Java's Portable aspect. The compiler in Java is written in ANSI C with a neat, portable boundary, which is a POSIX subset (flexible operating system interface). You can bring Java's bytecode to any platform.
- Robust: Java strives to eliminate error-prone situations by emphasizing primarily compile-time error checking and runtime testing.
- Multithreading: With Java's multithreading feature, you can write programs that can perform multiple tasks simultaneously. This feature allows developers to build interactive applications that can run smoothly.
- Interpretation: Java byte code is translated directly to the base platforms and it is not stored anywhere..
- High performance: Using the Just-In-Time compiler, Java enables high performance, fast detection, and debugging.
- Distributed: Java is designed for the distributed environment of the Internet.
- Flexible: Java is considered more dynamic than C or C ++ because it is designed to adapt to a developing environment. Java programs can carry a large amount of run-time information, which is used to verify and resolve access to objects at run time.
Where is Java applied?
You can find Java in many places, from e-commerce websites to Android applications, from scientific applications to financial applications such as electronic trading systems, games like Minecraft to applications on computers like Eclipse, Netbeans, IntelliJ, etc.
If you want to find a product made from Java, it's simple, open up your Android phone and any application you see is the same product, written in the Java programming language, with Google's Android API, similar to the JDK. With the development of Android today, most Java programmers are developers of Android apps. Android uses the JVM and the packaging is different, but the code is still written in Java.
Server applications applied in financial services
In the financial services industry, Java occupies a fairly large position. Many global investment banks such as Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Barclays, Standard Chartered and other banks use Java to write front office and back office electronic trading systems, write settlement and certification systems, and projects, etc. Java is mainly used to write applications for the server, no front end, receive data from another server, process it and send it to a subsequent process.
Java also has a sizable market share in e-commerce and web applications. There are many RESTful services created by using Spring MVC, Struts 2.0 and similar frameworks. Even simple web applications like Servlet, JSP and Struts are very popular in various government projects. Many government agencies, health, insurance, education, defence and others have web applications built with Java.
Many useful software and development tools are written and deployed in Java, such as Eclipse, IntelliJ Idea and Netbeans IDE. A lot of desktop software is also written in Java.
Big Data technology
Hadoop and other big data technologies are also using Java in one way or another. Java's Apache is based on HBase and Accumulo (open source), as well as ElasticSearch. While Java is not the dominant player in this area, as there are technologies like MongoDB written in C ++, Java has the potential to gain increasing market share if Hadoop or ElasticSearch grows.
Java is often the default choice for scientific applications, including native language processing. The main reason is that Java is more secure, portable, maintained and comes with advanced tools equivalent to C ++ or other programming languages.
In the 1990s, Java took a large share of the Internet thanks to Applet, but gradually, Applet lost popularity, mainly due to security issues on the sandbox model. Currently, Applets are almost "dead". Java has become a popular application programming language, widely used in application development, financial services, investment banking and e-commerce. Anyone who learns Java can have a not bad future. Java 8 has continued to strengthen the belief that Java will dominate the software development field in the coming years.
With Java being our core development, Hachinet always provides our customers with services of the highest standards. The ramp-up process is easier and costs less compared to less popular software development platforms.
Hachinet is also a place to experience with the following characteristics:
Microsoft .NET Website Development (asp, vb.net, etc)
Front end Website development
Java System / Application Development
Mobile Application Development (IOS / Android).
Cobol system development.
We also provide:
Flexible offshore development
Dispatching BrSE to Japan
If you are interested in our service, do not hesitate to drop a line at firstname.lastname@example.org