What is Agile? How to build an Agile Development team successfully (part 2)
What is Agile Software Development?
Agile Software Development, also known as a flexible software development methodology, allows the product building process to be focused on the customer maximally, encouraging change in the project lifecycle and shortening the time to access the market.
Unlike traditional software development methods - Waterfall, Agile helps reduce project risk by sharing its work with clients, planning development within short timeframes. Therefore, Agile Software Development gradually becomes a popular trend in today's software companies. Equipping yourself with knowledge of Agile can give you a great advantage working in the software field.
Are you ready to build an Agile Software Development Team?
Is there any specific recipe for building a perfect Agile Software Development team? Even Agile teams share the same values, originality and methodologies, there is no one common formula for developers, and of course, their circumstances are different.
Similarly, there are also differences in methodologies to which they apply. Some Agile team members prefer Scrum, while others may prefer Kanban.
Approach to the right thinking, training, management, etc., is the Agile Software Development Team's core foundation. “Once your team is established, it's important to remember that agile teams are like a flower: they need time to develop.
Four development stages are important to Agile Development Team:
- Forming: Chaos is a big factor at this stage, and so teams need advice and guidance from managers to define job roles and responsibilities, etc., clearly.
- Storming: At this stage, we have a better understanding of the role of the team/communication channel, etc. However, it’s still a fragile stage. Team members still do not trust each other enough and still need training specific working methods.
- Normalizing: This is the most important stage. Currently, the relationships have stabilized, and team members understand more about their role in the group. All responsibilities and goals of the Agile Development Team are clearly stated, and it’s time for all members to focus on optimizing the method.
- Performing: At this stage, all members have a correct understanding and proficiency with their roles and roles, so everyone works well and does not require strict management supervision.
Factors that help Agile Development Team succeed
For Team Agile Development, team members will work together on product function. Developers and testers work together to define and implement functions.
Be open and respond promptly
Feedback and open communication are the basis for team success. Agile Development team members use sprints to develop and review work in each phase.
A well-laid-out feedback mechanism is the basis of a successful Agile team. Agile development team members use sprint as a constructive way and review the work they have done in phases. The prompt interaction and feedback help the team learn and learn from experience during the work.
Any team member needs to be extremely flexible to adapt to the changing environments quickly. Adverse conditions can arise, such as bugs while running programs, etc., but your team needs to be brave enough to solve any problems and focus on completing tasks.
Agile Development Team must always maintain a culture of knowledge sharing and open cooperation. The group should respect each other's opinions and criticisms and keep an open mind to welcome new ideas.
Transparency and collaboration are at the heart of the Agile Development Team. Trust is an important component. Each team member needs to be empowered and must constantly encourage each other.
There isn't a perfect recipe for building software or a product. Some teams have had a lot of success and have seen great improvements after applying Agile, while others have had problems. The biggest difference that can be mentioned is the team members' thinking system, whether they think Agile or not. So what will you do to achieve those amazing results for your team? How to make sure my team has the right mindset about Agile? That is why you need to understand the Agile Manifesto. When you and your team understand Agile's values and principles, your project will become much more effective.
We, “Hachinet Software,” are Vietnam-based software services with dedicated, dynamic, enthusiastic teams who always have made efforts to please customers’ and partners’ satisfaction. We specialize in the followings:
- Web application (.NET, JAVA, PHP, etc.)
- Framework (ASP, MVC, AngularJS, Angular6, Node JS, Vue JS)
- Mobile application: IOS (Swift, Object C), Android (Kotlin, Android)
- System applications (Cobol, ERP, etc.),
- New Technology (Blockchain, etc.).
If you are interested in our service or looking for an IT outsourcing partner in Vietnam, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.